Summer is almost here binging a wealth of new dress styles to choose from for your warm-weather wardrobe. Whether you are dressing for work, a wedding or a day at the beach, here is a run-down of the best dresses to take you there.
Working hard or off to the shops, these dress trends for spring-summer 2013 ensure you have the daylight hours covered.
– Shirt dresses are a timeless summer classic, returning every year. Team with a skinny belt in turquoise or yellow for a bang on-trend this year.
– Try the skater silhouette (if you haven’t already) for some of the most comfortable ladies loungewear in the UK. Go casual with leggings underneath at the weekend or find a collared style for work.
– Push the peplum trend with a fitted shift dress in neutral grey or stand-out cerise for that all-important meeting.
Jetting off for some summer sun? Here are a few ideas for your suitcase, whether you are heading to town or beach this year.
– Maxi dresses are the big hit of the season, from light sheer fabrics to wear down on the sands, to simple stretch jersey dresses in a wide array of eye-catching shades. Dress up with a long strand of beads and some wedge-heels when you are back on-shore.
– Midi-length is also seeing a revival and is perfect for that girl-about-town look on a summer city break. Dabble with the season’s hot Aztec vibe, or a spot of ethnic fringing.
– Celebrate Mother Nature with one of the biggest trends in prints this summer. Whether you want to display a tropical jungle paradise or a rippling wave pattern, the natural world is inspiring dress designs everywhere.
Wedding season re-launches once more and it is time to find that perfect frock. Whilst you are waiting for the invites to roll in, make time for a little fun with a new cocktail dress to kick off the summer.
– Coral is always a wedding-guest favourite and this year, wear it with retro flair, in a criss-cross strap design or full 50s skirt. Cream or beige footwear works best with this colour.
– Lace doesn’t have to live in the past: shake it up with a vibrant shade of green, pink or blue for your next garden party, or take the Kate Middleton route and go for demure navy or burgundy.
– Indulge in some winsome nostalgia with a Gatsby-inspired flapper dress and bring some drop-waisted glamour to any evening do. Think sequins, feathers and fascinators to accessories.
With summer collections launched and the stores full of frocks, now is the time to replenish your wardrobe, wherever you are heading this year. If you can’t decide on something for that special occasion, take a tip from your favourite fashion icon or scroll through this year’s award show triumphs for inspiration. From formal show-stoppers to fashionable ladies loungewear in the UK, dresses are back in a big way.
Mary Yohanan is a self-styled fashionista and freelance blogger for a number of different websites. Her favourite summer dress trends are the nature-inspired prints and stretch maxi dresses, as great examples of the kind of fashionable ladies loungewear UK that is filling the stores at the moment.